Thursday, September 18, 2008

Parent night at a Catholic school.

It was parent night night at my son's catholic school. No, I am not catholic, my wife is. When you are a father of a child who is not biologically yours, you don't have much say in schools.

I made an effort to look at the books in the library and in the classroom, specifically, books on science. There was one book that stated that ancient animals lived thousands to millions of years ago. They were accurate for the animals the chose. For the most part, everything was the same as a public school, except for effigies of the virgin Mary, crosses and other religious paraphernalia.

The most interesting and eye opening part of the night was a short presentation in the gym. The principal led the parents in a prayer. I was expecting it being a Catholic school, but it sounded like a cultist chant. It was disturbing.

So, for any of you who have a choice in your child's schooling, CHOOSE PUBLIC!!!!!!! If I had my choice, it would be public. It will be tough, if not highly improbable, to show my wife why it is better to have our son be able to have a childhood free from the "brain washing" I experienced.

No comments: